Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby Gift

My cousin, Greg, and his wife, Kelly, had their first baby last week--an adorable little boy! So I wanted to make a gift--of course! The gift set includes 3 stamped onesies, a large paperclip photo holder, an egg carton with 4 pairs of baby socks and two pacifiers, and a card. The baby's room has dark/light blue bedding with sailboats, perfect use of the sailboat stamps in the PTI Bitty Baby Blessing set. Also used the PTI Just Hatched stamp set for the egg carton. I had used several of the PTI egg cartons on my chalk box project, but this time I used the leftover packaging from the Crayola egg chalk ink--boy that label did NOT want to come off. So it was a fun project! Also used the Just-Rite monogram stamper and a card idea from Debbie Olson's blog. I officially HATE, HATE, HATE those tiny letters. It seriously took me at least an hour to assemble and disassemble the stamp with the name and birthdate. And we won't talk about the letter Y that went flying through the air and down my shirt, never to be seen again...

No comments: