Paige's birthday party is next weekend and I made these egg boxes with sidewalk chalk for all the kids. I cannot take any credit for the idea. I saw it linked on Nichole Heady's blog (Kirsten DeBosque made the original) and I totally copied the idea (mine do not look nearly as nice as the original example). These cute little egg boxes are from PaperTreyInk (gotta LOVE that place). I spray painted them with Krylon chalkboard ink from Walmart. Note: Do not spray paint without gloves--chalkboard paint adheres pretty well to both fingernails and wedding rings (yikes--that took a little scrubbing). Then I stamped them with a stamp from PTI that says "Just Hatched--Especially for you". The stamped image fits perfectly in the pink Marvy scallop oval punch. I then used the purple Marvy punch to punch a cardstock mat and finished with wide ric rick. Finally, I wrote each child's name on the outside in chalk. Inside are 6 chalk eggs, 3 are egg-shaped and 3 have the little chicks. Of course, I saw this idea AFTER Easter and trips to 3 stores yielded no egg-shaped chalk, so I ordered 9 sets of the Crayola egg & chick chalk online. I hope the kids like them! Click on the photos for larger images and then use the "BACK" button, not the X.
1 comment:
Very cute!!! I also like your hop card, too!
Post a Comment