Monday, February 25, 2008

Summer Mini-Album










I finished this album last weekend. It's a collection of our summer memories from 2007. Almost all the supplies are from the Polka Dot Whimsy August kit (which I think was the first one of her kits). It's a Maya Road Chipboard Album (cover seems to be a bit warpy to me--could be due to my mishap with the Mod Podge--I think I hate that stuff) and lots of Scenic Route & American Crafts paper. I seem to have done a few projects in a row using kits that featured a lot of Scenic Route. Anyway, it was fun. I added a few things from my stash, including the giraffe paper from the CTMH zoo paper pack. I used the kit instructions for the cover and then went off on my own little tangent from there. I used some epherema here (parking ticket stub from WI State Fair, brochure from Zoo Ala Carte at the Milwaukee County Zoo--my hands-down winner for best summer family-friendly event in the area)... See girls, I did finish it! Oh, and I bought my big red ATG gun about 2 months ago and it was really a little big and hard to get used to, especially since I'm left-handed. But I must say that after the initial learning curve, it's SO WORTH THE MONEY! You really do save a bunch of money on adhesive this way. An ATG gun is a tape gun originally used for framing pictures. Scrapbookers have discovered them and it's a great way to save $$ on adhesive. Much cheaper than all the Tombow mono I was running through before.

No comments: