Friday, January 1, 2010

Scraptastic Challenge

I thought I'd combine an idea I saw on Mish's website here with today's challenge to use up your scraps, so I put this together for the girls. Everything is from scraps except for the card bases. I used PTI Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Vintage Cream and Pure Poppy. I first made 4 card bases in each color. Then I punched 2" scalloped circles from scraps of the same paper and used the 1-1/2" circle punch with the "A Christmas Thank You" sentiment from the Signature Christmas set to the make the embellishments. I even used pop dot scraps (the outer frames) to affix the sentiments to the scalloped circles! Then I used scraps of Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly (leftover from the Daily December project) and a little PTI Holiday Cheer to cut out 1.5" x 5.5" strips. The girls are putting them together to make their cards. One of them is MUCH more enthusiastic about the project than the other. The little one needs a nap--way too much holiday celebrating around here has made her crabby! It is interesting to see the pretty color combinations they put together. They are different from what I'd choose, but look great all put together--sort of like looking at Betsy's blog--her color combos are FANTASTIC. Happy New Year all!

2 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Wonderful project. Your girls will look back on this card making with you as a wonderful childhood memory!

Sue Lelli said...

What a GREAT project and the result is Super cute!