Sunday, November 1, 2009

I love Betsy Veldman...

I saw this card on Betsy Veldman's blog (see fourth and fifth photos) and just knew that I had to scraplift the design. I love her use of color and using the PTI stamp sets in non-traditional ways. So many great ideas there! Anyway, I made this layout of pictures of the girls from this summer (at my aunt's annual barn dance) and then made 3 matching cards, including two Christmas ones. I'm really liking the look of non-traditional colors with the Christmas stamps this year. I also LOVE the medallion design from Giga Guidelines that looks like a snowflake. So cute!

The photos of these projects are TERRIBLE. I can't figure out how to photograph projects well for the life of me (I have an SLR--believe it or not) and I don't know how to stitch scanned layouts together. The lighting in the basement (where my scraproom is located) is terrible. The good news is that my paper doesn't fade from sunlight (but it's not like we'll see much sunlight here in WI for the next 5 months or so anyway!).

I did sew all the paper strips together using a Singer machine I bought for $59 at Target on Black Friday a couple years ago. The bobbin thing jams all the time, so that's FRUSTRATING. But my good Viking machine is reserved for fabric only. I liked the way it turned out, though, and can't wait to try this look with my Jenni Bowlin and October Afternoon papers...

Supplies used here are:
PTI New Leaf, White and Pure Poppy cardstock
PTI Giga Guidelines, Vintage Labels and Signature Christmas stamps
Patterned paper is Scarlet Lime (green, blue, yellow) and SU (red)
Ink is PTI Pure Poppy/Aqua Mist/Spring Moss, VersaMagic Aloe Vera/Mango Madness, Versafine Onyx Black (my favorite ink for sentiments!), CTMH Heavenly Blue/Sunkist Yellow
Buttons are PTI Pure Poppy/New Leaf
Nestabilities Labels 1

Hope you enjoy! I also am considering taking Shimelle Laine's class Blogging for Scrapbookers starting Monday. I would like to improve this blog greatly, the class is only $15 and it sounds really good. Let me know if any of you also plan on taking it. I'm considering whether my blogging problems are lack of knowledge, poor photography or if I should upgrade to Typepad instead of Blogger. I like the free price of Blogger, though! And this blog is only for fun and sharing with friends anyway.

Happy Sunday! We are T minus 1 hour to "Favre returns to Lambeau". GO PACK GO!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooow...love what u did!!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all beautiful and I love the colors you used!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I adore Betsy work too.. Great job on these.. she would be proud!!!

LOVE the Halloween photos!!!