Sunday, October 18, 2009

Printer Tray Gift


I made this printer tray for my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary in September. I bought the printer's tray at an antique mall in Sturtevant. It was $22. I had been looking for a nice one all summer at the flea markets in Elkhorn and Cedarburg, but hadn't found a great one. So I bought this one--it's sort of in rough shape and was really dirty until I cleaned it up, but I guess it gives it that "rustic" look. I am now looking for another tray to make one for our house. Photos are of the whole family in the last 6 years that my photos have been digital. On the bottom it says "Our Family...est. 1969". You will see some of my beloved Jenni Bowlin ticket embellishments, scraps of PTI Bitty Dots and Bitty Boxes paper, several PTI stamps and a few other goodies. Mostly, it's photos and TONS of foam adhesive. I took the photos I wanted to use, copied them into a unique folder for the project. Then I just cut and pasted them into Word and resized the width to 1.25" (slightly wider than the tray openings). The photo height varied (used both portrait and landscape photos). I was able to print all the photos on my home printer on four sheets of 8.5 x 11 photo paper. Then I just trimmed and embellished. By the way, did you know that the terms "upper case" and "lower case" refer to how printer trays were stored with the larger type closer to the top of the case? I first saw this project in an Ali Edwards' book and also on her blog here...



1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is just amazing!!! They are going to love it!!