Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Color Challenge

I was SO EXCITED to see that Dawn McVey has added a fantastic color challenge to her blog. I just adore her work--LOVE the damask and bright colors!!! This is a 12 x 12 layout (excuse the crappy picture I had to do this quickly before work this morning) that is a scraplift of a layout by Robyn Werlich on Two Peas--it is here. I stalk Robyn's blog daily, too! I love the way the Damask Designs images look on dark cardstock using white embossing powder--so pretty. The pictures (don't think you can read my computer caption due to the bad photo) are of my girls from the summer/fall of 2006 when they were only 4. Now they are ALMOST 7! YIKES--where does the time go?

Materials used are:
PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, White and Raspberry Fizz cs; Damask Designs and Grid Lines Two stamp sets; Raspberry Fizz pp; Raspberry Fizz ink; Bitty Dots paper in Lemon Tart and Raspberry Fizz; and 2 EK Success heart punches.
Non-PTI materials are: Cuttlebug dotted Swiss folder, MS heart punch, Basic Grey pp (the brown with white willows), SU patterned paper (orange floral), American Crafts pp (orange graphic), white embossing powder, Versamark ink, and Versamagic Thatched Straw ink. I didn't think the PTI Summer Sunrise was as bright as the oranges shown in the challenge, so I went to my stash for the orange PP.

4 comments:

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

What a great card!...and a unique take on this challenge. It's so pretty!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kandis Smith said...

this is fantastic!! LOVE orange, pink and brown!!

Robyn said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Wow girl - love your layout! Love the colors, the stamping, everything - just perfect! :) Hugs!