Monday, May 26, 2008

Wallet Cards for Father's Day...

This fabulous idea I lifted directly off of Nichole Heady's blog, so I cannot take credit for the idea at all. Here's the link: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2008/04/2--introducing.html
Anyway, I followed her directions almost exactly, but my sewing machine didn't like the tension on paper, so it was loopy on the backside. So instead of sewing the ends shut, I used the red "Terrifically Tacky" tape (also called Sticky Strip by SU). And I think I had to adjust the size of the card a tiny bit. Also, my Scor-It doesn't score straight (the metal line is not centered), so that took a bit of adjusting as well. So I made a wallet card for Tom, my dad and my brother. Tom's is lined using OU logo paper (had to order that online--not a real hot commodity in WI), my Dad's is lined using some funky retro Scenic Route paper, and Brian's is lined using camouflage paper from HL. The stamp set is from PTI and called Father Knows Best. It's actually Debbie's set that I borrowed. Debbie, Susanne and I have determined that we should spread around who buys which stamp sets from SU and PTI and then share! Triple the stamps that way... So each wallet has a little card that says "A true father carries photos where his money used to be." Then inside each wallet are two mini albums of wallet-sized photos. I was going to make true mini-albums, but they didn't fit, so I just printed 10-20 photos for each dad (of his kids and in my dad's case, grandkids), cut them out and adhered them back to back. Then I just attached a brad in the upper left loosely so the photos can fan out and be viewed from front or back. I used the wallet-size photo option on my HP photo printer (a C7280) that prints 2 wallets on each 4x6 sheet of photo paper. They fit in the cardstock wallets perfectly! Click on the photos for larger images, but then use your "back" button instead of closing or the whole window will close...

3 comments:

Cindy L said...

I love these! I am always at a loss as to what kind of card to make the men in my life. Do you mind if I lift?

Beth Ann said...

Oooh I just love papertreyink. Nichole has the best ideas there and their products are wonderful. Great job on your wallet cards!!!

Stacey Michaud said...

These are so cute! Awesome!