
I made this tackle box for my Dad for Father's Day. It includes pictures of all the granddaughters (mine are the two on the front). I had taken the idea from a page in the May/June 2005 Simple Scrapbooks. The original one had a fold-out mini-album that was very cool and it was designed by Paula Wessells. So thanks to Paula for the inspiration. This is simply a cheap $3 tackle box from Wal-Mart. I then just printed photos out on my HP C7280 home printer. The wallet size photo function is GREAT! The only materials here are photos, one piece of black cardstock, some Scenic Router PP scraps, and a sheet of fishing stickers (with a cool retro look) from Karen Foster that I got at HL for $1.99. So a pretty cheap project. My brother also picked out the fishing gear, as I would have had no idea what to pick. He bought about $15 of miscellaneous supplies for me and I didn't even put all of them in this tackle box. So a cool gift at a reasonable price. I also used foam glue dots/lines to vary the depth of the mounted pictures, similar to Ali Edwards' printer tray display in her Life Artist book. Happy Father's Day to all the dads! We had lunch with the family here and it was fun...






1 comment:
This is such a great idea!
(I have a printers' tray just sitting around waiting to be made into an Ali-type project.)
Post a Comment