
I made two quick birthday cards for my beautiful nieces, Karmin and Katrina. They turned two yesterday and they are just adorable!!! I loved the way these cards turned out, but the photo only turned out on one (somehow "macro" keeps focusing on the wrong thing?). Anyway, I think they might have been my favorite two cards ever and they took literally 5 minutes to make! Sometimes simple is better. K & K have a "Hello Kitty" theme in their room, but it's pink and lavender, instead of the traditional Hello Kitty red and pink color scheme. So I found a big pack of HK stickers on clearance at J's a while ago. I gave most of them to Paige & Brooke to play with, but kept 4 with "bling" on them. I used two on each card. The card base is a fabulous, thick metallic paper that I've only seen at Archiver's. It's by "The Paper Company". So this is the hot pink color. The lavender mat is Bazzill Bling. I was so happy to use "blingy" paper--cards are so often muted and I like BRIGHT! Then I popped the stickers on and used Orchid Brilliance ink to stamp the sentiment. Sentiment is from PTI's Butterfly Kisses and I use it all the time!
I also made them an album each of their first year (OK--so I finished a year late). Each album was 8x8 and had 14 layouts: the intro page, the "coming home from the hospital" page, and a page for each month of their first year. They were simple layouts, but cute. I also did an extra set for my parents and one for me. So I did 84 layouts in 24 hours last weekend--yikes!!! (2 twins x 3 sets of albums x 14 layouts = 84!). They turned out cute and everyone at the party liked them. My great-aunt keeps telling me I'm should just do crafty things for a living. Yikes--don't have the heart to tell her that a) I'm not that talented, b) Crafty jobs (even if you can get them) don't pay that much and c) I need my regular income to pay for my scrapbooking habit/addiction! Well, that and the mortgage and food, etc... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment