Thursday, September 4, 2008

Color Combo Challenge #87

A couple of firsts for me today. I'm participating in the Color Combo Challenge--this one always looked like fun and I also think this is my first 8.5 x 11 layout (I'm usually an 8x8 or 12x12 or mini-album girl). In all honesty, I don't think it came out that well and I struggled with it for a couple hours last night. The colors were Aqua, Black, Kiwifruit and Tangerine. A very fun and bright combo. Luckily, I'd snapped a good photo of Paige over the weekend wearing an aqua headband and I'd been wanting to use my new SU Tangerine Tango inkpad! But I think the photo needed to be bigger and the other elements smaller--they are too uniform in size. But I really wanted to use the Scarlet Lime "Dream Big" stamp on this project. The floral image underneath in Aqua is from Endless Creations. Ribbon is plain black velvet, cs is Bazzill and PTI and PP is Luxe from the Scarlet Lime August kit. The scan looks sort of funky, but it's fine in real life. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

Lovely stamps! And great colors for the photo. Love the double mat on the pic.

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous stamping and great work with the colour combo. Thanks for joining us :)

Unknown said...

YAY! You decided to play! Thanks for that, you know I like how the colors look and the stamping!